Need a Break From NYC? A Quick Escape (That's Not The Hamptons)
The busy city of Manhattan; chaos you crave after just one visit. Most New Yorkers can tell you, the city that never sleeps is actually the city that never, ever, everr sleeps. And personal space? You can forget all about that, it'll quickly become a thing of the past as soon as you pass Bergen County.
Although the constant rush and excitement of being in the big apple makes it easy to put up with the hustle and bustle, sometimes getting away from the city (which most do come Summer time) can actually be good for the soul. So here we go, Top 10 Places To Visit In The Hamptons.....jkjk. We're actually talking about a place much closer than Montauk, a mini-escape to North Brooklyn Farms in Brooklyn.
About North Brooklyn Farms
Located on the waterfront, North Brooklyn Farms is a public green area and urban park right beside the iconic Williamsburg Bridge. The Farm On Kent draws in community members and travelers through pop-up dinners, special events, and more.
What To Expect
There's something for everybody at this hip little escape. Take in the NYC backdrop somewhere more quiet and a bit farther away from the city. Visitors can see the entire Manhattan skyline including the Statue of Liberty from this location. Bring friends or plan a romantic date and stick around to watch the sunset here....a guaranteed way to shmooze the crap out of somebody.
What To Do
Picnic with your friends, check out the farm stands, rsvp for a pop-up dinner series, volunteer to help keep-up the garden, host a private event, watch the sunset, etc etc. Visitors can also grocery shop from an array of sustainably-grown produce. Check the event calendar to see what's coming up this month.
Facts, Fun, & Phillip Lim
- The farm is dog friendly!
- Closed on Mondays but open to the public Tuesday - Sunday from 11am- 8pm
- Obey the rules - enjoy the garden without picking the pretty flowers
- Don't "forget" to clean up after yourself
- Fashion Designer Phillip Lim hosted his 10th anniversary party here
- Get tickets to Sunday Supper before it sells out. Dine on the water and enjoy a 3-course farm-to-table dinner that highlights fresh, seasonal, produce
- Do Yoga on the Farm at sunset on Tuesdays
- Watch skateboarders and bike riders learn new tricks at the Brooklyn Bike Park located adjacent to the Farm
320 Kent Avenue (@ S. 4th Street)
Brooklyn, NY 11249
Subway: Marcy Avenue on JMZ trains; Bedford Avenue on L train